Monday, August 8, 2016

We May Have Missed Out on the Opening Ceremonies, But we Are Catching Some of the Events!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Alright, so Mareena and I had planned to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics but ended up watching back-to-back episodes of 'The Great British Baking Show' on PBS. So, we may have missed out on watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, but that's alright! Anyway, we heard all about it the next day - Saturday, August 6th!

Apparently, there was controversy right from the beginning!!! Okay, so I suppose controversy is inevitable - and even though the Olympics are supposed to be apolitical, I understand that it doesn't always work out to be that way - but can we hold off on getting into something controversial for at least a few hours? Please!

So, I finished doing the 1000-piece puzzle of the country fair on Friday night, August 5th. Two days to do a 1000-piece puzzle? Pretty good, if I do say so myself. After, looking around for a couple of days, I started doing a 'Glow-in-the-Dark' puzzle - actually one out of a box of three - and each puzzle is somewhere between 250-300 pieces. The puzzle that I started today - Monday, August 8th - is of several brightly-colored parrots.

As regards my reading, I finished reading Snow in April by Rosamunde Pilcher on Tuesday, August 2nd! Then, I immediately started to read The Phantom Coach: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Ghost Stories by Michael Sims the next night - on Wednesday night, August 3rd - although, I really didn't get that far into the story until the next day, Thursday, August 4th! Technically, Mareena acquired this book for herself during her birthday visit to the Library Book Sale, but she has let me borrow it to read.

According to Goodreads - as of today, Monday, August 8th - I'm currently on page 94 of 320; or approximately 29 percent into the story. Since my own copy of The Phantom Coach: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Ghost Stories by Michael Sims actually has 297 pages; reading 94 pages of the book means that I've read 32 percent of the story.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)