Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I Had to Put my Birthday Plans on Hold For a Little While!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

So, my birthday was on Monday, August 22nd. Actually, to be perfectly honest, I wasn't feeling all that well on Saturday night, August 20th. However, since I couldn't pinpoint exactly what was going on with me, I didn't want to take the day off from the radio show. So, Mareena and I went off and did the show, then we picked up some Chinese food to celebrate my birthday the next day.

The birthday plans were that Mareena and I would watch a scary movie as we ate the Chinese food for lunch. I woke up that Monday, and realized that I felt slightly sick - not nauseous, but I definitely had shivers and stomach pain. I don't believe that I got food poisoning or some other stomach bug - certainly not some diabetic episode - I just did not feel in the best of health. Since I want to enjoy watching the movie, we've decided to hold off on that part of the celebration until I feel much better.

Just to mention some of my birthday gifts: Mareena said she had gotten me a tiny clip-on book light that would allow me to read in bed whenever I want to; added to the four books that she had requested for me from Paperback Swap that she didn't want me to know the titles of - it turned out to be an excellent birthday surprise. The four books actually were: The Businessman: A Tale of Terror by Thomas M. Disch; A Dog's Purpose: A Novel For Humans by W. Bruce Cameron; When You Believe by Deborah Bedford and Becoming Jane Eyre: A Novel by Sheila Kohler. While Mareena had put two books on my wish list and never told me, two of the books had already been on my wish list for some time but had just become available for request.

Our downstairs tenant and my good friend Pamela gave me a new radio and CD player to replace the one that wore out about six months ago. She also gave me a tiny wrought-iron bookcase that I still have to find a place to put somewhere. As regards my own reading, I just finished reading When You Believe by Deborah Bedford on Thursday, August 18th! Then, I immediately started to read Becoming Jane Eyre: A Novel by Sheila Kohler the next night - on Friday night, August 19th! This was actually one of Mareena's 'just because' gifts for August.

Although I actually finished reading one of my birthday books and started another, I have managed to save my other two gifts for my actual birthday. According to Goodreads, as of today - Wednesday, August 24th - I'm currently on page 82 of 232; or approximately 35 percent into the story. Since my own copy of Becoming Jane Eyre: A Novel by Sheila Kohler actually has 247 pages; reading 82 pages of the book means that I've read 33 percent of the story. So far, this book is very good!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)