Thursday, August 11, 2016

Go Team USA!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Alright, so Mareena and I are watching some of the Olympic events starting with Men's Cycling. We weren't actually watching the race, so much as watching the news coverage of an horrible bike crash from the day before - Sunday, August 7th - involving a cyclist from the Netherlands. It was the Ladies Cycling event and the Dutch athlete was leading the race up until her crash.

The Dutch cyclist suffered a concussion, bruises, and three spinal fractures. She was sent to hospital, of course, but the most incredible thing about her crash was that it had apparently happened on her mother's birthday. Not only that, but supposedly this was the second time that the cyclist had experienced such a crash - another one happened the year before, again on her mother's birthday. Poor Annemiek van Vleuten!!!

Then, on Monday, August 8th the Olympic diving pool mysteriously turned green! A couple of days later, the Olympic water polo pool did the same thing. The Olympic officials initially said that the water was safe to swim in, but then the German athletes started complaining that something smelled noxious, and that the smell was beginning to permeate the entire building. Oops, now that's embarrassing!

So, I finished up the last of the three 'Glow in the Dark' jigsaw puzzles on Tuesday afternoon, August 9th! Not content with doing it once, I turned around and did it again. I started doing another 1,000-piece puzzle on Wednesday afternoon, August 10th! This was a puzzle of an old-fashioned beachfront scene.

As regards my reading, I just finished reading Snow in April by Rosamunde Pilcher on Tuesday, August 2nd! Then, I immediately started to read The Phantom Coach: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Ghost Stories by Michael Sims the next night - on Wednesday night, August 3rd! I paused in my reading on Monday afternoon, August 8th! It wasn't that I lost interest in this book or anything, it was just that Silver Wedding by Maeve Binchy caught my eye as it was sitting there on my bookshelf.

While Mareena requested a copy of this book for me in December of 2012, I had read Silver Wedding by Maeve Binchy many years ago. I decided to begin my reread on Tuesday, August 9th! According to Goodreads, as of today - Thursday, August 11th - I'm currently on page 131 of 432; or approximately 30 percent into the story. Since my own copy of Silver Wedding by Maeve Binchy actually has 419 pages; reading 131 pages of the book means that I've read 31 percent of the story.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)