Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Rosamunde Pilcher - Snow in April

41. Snow in April by Rosamunde Pilcher (1972)
Length: 245 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 1 August 2016
Finished: 2 August 2016
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 14 July 2016
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

Caroline Cliburn is twenty years old and has recently become engaged. She travels from London to Scotland, hoping to finally make contact with her eldest brother Angus. The brother and sister haven't seen each other in several years, but Caroline and her younger brother Jody are both determined to find Angus and try to convince him to come back home. Then, Caroline plans to return home in time for her wedding to the man her strong-willed stepmother Diana thinks is so suitable for Caroline.

Unfortunately, a sudden blinding Scottish snowstorm strands the siblings at the house of a grieving young man named Oliver Cairney. Having recently lost his brother in a car accident, Oliver is still recovering from the tragedy and not really expecting visitors to his isolated family home. However, as the heavy blizzard-like conditions continue, Oliver realizes that Caroline and Jody need a place to stay. And, as the snow continues to fall over an extended period of time both Caroline and Oliver find themselves on the brink of making terrible mistakes; but perhaps these two wounded souls can save each other.

First of all, let me say that in my opinion this was just so typically Rosamunde Pilcher - light, sweet and simple reading. I don't mean that as a detrimental statement, as I appreciated that the story was uncomplicated and truly heartwarming. I would give this book an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)