Sunday, August 14, 2016

Surprisingly, we Seem to be Catching Primarily the Men's Olympic Events!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

So, Mareena and I are continuing to watch some of the Olympic events - although for some strange reason, we seem to be catching mostly the Men's events. I'm not really sure why; we just seem to be tuning in to the Games at exactly the same time as they switch over from Women's to Men's events. Having said that, we were able to catch the first women's swimming relay race on Wednesday, August 10th! Katie Ledecky swam the anchor leg of the swimming relay and Team USA won the Gold medal!

It seems like the United States is doing remarkably well in the medal standings. As a matter of fact, as of Sunday night, August 14th, Team USA has won a combined 69 medals. Way to go!!!!

Since I started doing the 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle of the old-fashioned beachfront scene on Wednesday afternoon, August 10th, I wasn't quite sure how long it would take me to finish the puzzle. I mean it wasn't tremendously difficult to do, but it also wasn't excessively simple. I guess that means that this puzzle had an intermediate level of difficulty. Anyway, I finished the puzzle on Saturday afternoon, August 13th!

As regards my reading, I just finished reading Snow in April by Rosamunde Pilcher on Tuesday, August 2nd! Then, I immediately started to read The Phantom Coach: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Ghost Stories by Michael Sims the next night - on Wednesday night, August 3rd! I paused in my reading on Monday afternoon, August 8th! It wasn't that I lost interest in this book or anything, it was just that Silver Wedding by Maeve Binchy caught my eye as it was sitting there on my bookshelf.

While Mareena requested a copy of this book for me in December of 2012, I had read Silver Wedding by Maeve Binchy many years ago. I decided to begin my reread on Tuesday, August 9th! According to Goodreads, as of today - Sunday, August 14th - I'm currently on page 218 of 432; or approximately 50 percent into the story. Since my own copy of Silver Wedding by Maeve Binchy actually has 419 pages; reading 218 pages of the book means that I've read 52 percent of the story.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)