Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sue Miller - While I Was Gone

Reread. While I Was Gone by Sue Miller (1999)
Length: 283 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Originally Read: 15 August 2012
Reread Finished: 31 August 2016
Where did it come from? Originally from a Library Book Sale, then from my "keeper" shelf.

So after I finished reading my last book on August 27th, 2016, I immediately started to read this book the very next day. To be perfectly honest, I don't usually reread any books that I have already read in a particular year. So far, I've been fairly careful to keep to that personal reading rule, but since I haven't been feeling all that well for the past ten days or so, I have been pampering myself a little bit with regards to my reading.

I think that I have only done this before with one other book - perhaps two, at the most - but I don't really remember either of the titles. I had actually acquired this particular book back in June of 2009 - during a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to to celebrate her birthday. The book sat on my bookshelf for the next three years, until I finally read it for the first time over two days in August of 2012 - from August 13th, to August 15th, 2012.

My first reread of this book took place approximately four years later - over three days in March of 2016 - from March 1st, to March 4th, 2016. Since I haven't been feeling well for the past few days, I decided to reread the book again approximately six months later. This time I read the book over three days in August of 2016 - from August 28th, to August 31st, 2016. The book is definitely still a keeper for me!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)