Friday, July 1, 2016

Reading Wrap-up For June at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out June with 1,047 books lying around the house and ended the month with 1,043 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from Paperback Swap, a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to on the 7th to celebrate her birthday and Bookmooch.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile

Rereads
- The Last Time They Met: A Novel by Anita Shreve 
- Dark Debts by Karen Hall
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
The Castaways: A Novel  by Elin Hilderbrand

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- Absent Friends by S. J. Rozan
- The Dive From Clausen's Pier: A Novel by Ann Packer
- Henry and Clara: A Novel by Thomas Mallon
- I Said Yes to Everything: A Memoir by Lee Grant
- Japan Took the J. A. P. Out of Me by Lisa F. Cook
- Keeping Faith: A Novel by Jodi Picoult
- Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
- Last to Know: A Novel by Elizabeth Adler
- Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury
- Lying Awake: A Novel by Mark Salzman
- A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton
- More Than You Know: A Novel by Beth Gutcheon
- My Theodosia: A Novel by Anya Seton
- An Old Betrayal by Charles Finch
- On the Street Where You Live: A Novel by Mary Higgins Clark
- One Glorious Ambition: The Compassionate Crusade of Dorothea Dix by Jane Kirkpatrick
- The Phantom Coach: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Ghost Stories by Michael Sims
The Race: A Novel by Richard North Patterson
- Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
- The Spire by Richard North Patterson
- Stone Angel by Carol O'Connell
- A Table by the Window: A Novel of Family Secrets and Heirloom Recipes by Hillary Manton Lodge
- The Tender Bar: A Memoir by J. R. Moehringer
- The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- Eleanor: The Years Alone by Joseph P. Lash

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- Cruel and Unusual by Patricia Cornwell
- Cold Mountain: A Novel by Charles Frazier
- Julian's House: A Novel by Judith Hawkes
- Diabetes A to Z: What You Need to Know About Diabetes - Simply Put by The American Diabetes Association 
- The Complete Diabetic Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand
- The Return by Bentley Little
- Dark Debts by Karen Hall

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 4
Pages Read: 1,363
Grade Range: A+! to A!

So, there you go! The reading month that was June. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)