Saturday, July 30, 2016

Margot Livesey - Homework: A Novel

Reread. Homework: A Novel by Margot Livesey (1990)
Length: 339 pages 
Genre: Contemporary Fiction 
Originally Read: 18 December 2014
Reread Finished: 30 July 2016
Where did it come from? Originally from Paperback Swap, then from my "keeper" shelf.

So, while the last book that I read was Knitting: A Novel by Anne Bartlett, the last book that I read that was technically a reread for me was Fortune's Rocks: A Novel by Anita Shreve. Perhaps both books could not possibly have been more different in their settings - Fortune's Rocks: A Novel by Anita Shreve took place in turn-of-the-twentieth-century New Hampshire, at a beach house called 'Fortune's Rocks'. Knitting: A Novel by Anne Bartlett took place in an entirely different country - Australia in the summertime, which actually happens during wintertime in North America. This particular book also took place in more contemporary times.

However, both books dealt with personal relationships and were such good stories each in their own right. Mareena acquired Homework: A Novel by Margot Livesey as her December 'just because' gift for me back in 2014 from Paperback Swap. While the book arrived in the afternoon mail on December 15th, 2014, I actually read it for the first time over one day in December of 2014 - from December 17th, to December 18th, 2014.

My reread of this book took place approximately one and a half years later - over two days in July of 2016 - from July 28th, to July 30th, 2016! The book is definitely still a keeper from me.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)