Saturday, July 16, 2016

My Spring/Summer Cleaning Spree Went Fairly Well!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

So, once again I find myself culling some books. On Monday afternoon, July 11th, I spent an hour or so trying to clean out my bedroom closet. I don't think that I got very far, but I did manage to cull some books that were stored right at the back. I actually wound up posting eleven books altogether - including my original copy of My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier. Who knew that I had put that book in the back of my closet? - obviously not me - LOL!!!

Anyway, as I said I culled a total of eleven books - two of them were actually doubles of books that I already have. Out of the eleven books that I posted, three of them were snapped up right away. Although, I mailed out a total of four books on Thursday afternoon, July 14th!

One book was actually Mareena's, that she acquired from the latest Library Book Sale that we went to on Tuesday afternoon, June 7th! She read and posted a contemporary mystery called Stranger in the Looking Glass by Jan Fields. Someone actually requested the book right away.

As regards my own reading, the last book that I read was Fortune's Rocks: A Novel by Anita Shreve. Since it only took me a total of six days to read, I was looking for something else to read by Wednesday afternoon, July 13th! I finally settled on reading Sweet Salt Air: A Novel by Barbara Delinsky, which I started on Wednesday night, July 13th! This was a book that arrived in the mail on Monday afternoon, July 11th!

The book had apparently been on my wish list for about three years or so, and since it just recently became available; Mareena requested it for me as her 'just because' gift for July. As I said, the book arrived on Monday afternoon, July 11th and I started reading it on Wednesday night, July 13th!

According to Goodreads - as of today, Saturday, July 16th - I'm currently on page 237 of 406; or approximately 58 percent into the story. Since my own copy of Sweet Salt Air: A Novel by Barbara Delinsky actually has 404 pages; reading 237 of 404 pages means that I've read approximately 59 percent of the story.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)