Saturday, March 12, 2016

Movies and Jigsaw Puzzles Are the Orders of the Day!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, I finally caved! I chose to do a jigsaw puzzle for the first time in over a month - since Thursday morning, February 4th! The jigsaw puzzle that I've chosen to do has 1,000 pieces and is of a hot-air balloon race with approximately six balloons taking part in the race. I must say that although this puzzle is not horrendously difficult to do, neither is it a complete 'piece of cake' - I started the puzzle on Thursday afternoon, March 10th. I'm actually enjoying the moderate difficulty level.

For the past few days, I've primarily been doing crossword puzzles and word jumbles from out of the newspaper. I've also been doing sum-doku puzzles as well. I've been focused on my newest influx of puzzle books.

There seem to be some very interesting movies coming up in the next couple of weeks, starting with a two-night showing of a miniseries based on the Agatha Christie mystery novel, And Then There Were None. The miniseries begins on Sunday night, March 13th! Mareena and I have been trying to decide whether or not we want to watch a scary movie today. We haven't any idea what the movie might be, but we'll see what DVD in our collection happens to catch our eye.

As for my reading, I've actually posted The Confession: A Novel by John Grisham on all the book swapping websites that Mareena and I belong to - John Grisham is an excellent writer, don't get me wrong, but I just can't seem to get in to The Confession: A Novel. Maybe someone else will enjoy the book more than I did; I don't know! I started reading Beachcombers: A Novel by Nancy Thayer - actually a reread for me from June of 2013 - on Thursday afternoon, March 10th; and after two days spent reading, I'm really not that far in yet. I think I'm only on page six or so.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)