Sunday, March 20, 2016

Books and Sum-Doku Puzzles Are on my Mind!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

First of all, let me mention the movies that Mareena and I watched. Starting on Sunday night, March 13th and concluding on Monday night, March 14th, was the four-hour miniseries based on Agatha Christie's mystery novel, And Then There Were None. Granted, neither of us had read the book before we saw the movie, but Mareena immediately requested it from several book swapping websites that we belong to.

Without giving away too much of the plot, I hope, Mareena turned to me at some point during the movie and said: "Oh boy, this isn't good, there are approximately three characters that I'm actually beginning to like. Knowing Agatha Christie's tendency for incredible plot twists, I'm probably going to wind up rooting for a cold-blooded murderer to somehow survive this house of horror and carnage, get off the island, and live happily ever after." And, as it turned out, she was partially right! LOL!!!

Mareena and I also decided that we would start watching a DVD over the weekend. We began watching The Talented Mr. Ripley on Saturday afternoon, March 12th, and finished watching the movie on Thursday afternoon, March 17th - St. Patrick's Day! Mareena had actually seen the movie before, but I never had. It was a really intriguing movie; I liked it very much!

As for my reading, I've just finished reading Capitol Murder: A Novel of Suspense by Phillip Margolin on Friday night, March 18th! Then, I immediately started reading a true crime story called Engaged to Murder: The Shocking True Story of the Nation's Most Brutal Triple Murder by Loretta Schwartz-Nobel. I started reading this book on Friday night, March 18th, although as of this morning, March 20th, I'm not sure if I may set it aside for a while.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)