Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I'm a Crossword Puzzle Junkie!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

First of all, let me tell you a short story. For those of you who may read or follow my blog on a fairly regular basis, you probably already know that Mareena and I have nicknamed our tortoise-shell cat Lollipop, 'the secretary'. Ms. Lollipop, along with our other tortoise-shell kitty Leila are also known as 'The Twins'. Leila is actually named after the former boxer Layla Ali, because Leila has a feisty personality.

When we first adopted the girls - we initially nicknamed Leila 'G. I. Jane', because she crept everywhere, keeping her belly low, body close to the wall. She honestly looked like she was a participant in 'feline boot camp'. She is still slightly skittish, but we now call her 'the Crunchy Marshmallow Fluff' girl. She's dropped the 'feline boot camp' persona, and gone into 'feisty, take-no-nonsense' mode. Although Leila acts tough around her sisters, if either Mareena or myself shows her any attention, she immediately throws herself against us and purrs.

Anyway, late on Sunday night, January 17th, I heard some slight rustling followed by a steady tearing of paper. Knowing how much Lollipop loves playing with loose papers, and worried that I may have forgotten to cover up the book that I was reading, I got up to check out the situation. Turning on the light, I noticed Leila sitting proudly on a ripped crossword puzzle book. I put it away more safely and went back to bed.

The next afternoon, Monday, January 18th, Leila somehow managed to get a hold of the newspaper - which was opened to the unfinished crossword puzzle - and proceeded to knead just the clues to the puzzle! I'm rather proud of myself that I was still able to solve a crossword clue, without the actual clue! I'm honestly not sure how I did it, but I figured it out anyway. LOL!

As regards my reading, I had finished reading A Walk Among the Tombstones by Lawrence Block on Saturday, January 16th. I immediately started reading Secret For a Nightingale by Victoria Holt the same day. It was a bit of a slow start for me, but I'm totally engrossed in the story now. According to Goodreads, as of yesterday morning I am on page 130 of 371; or approximately 35 percent.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)