Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Our Library Visit For December

Hello Everyone! How are you on this fine Wednesday? I'm doing just fine. :) Well, Mareena and I had hoped to go to our local library yesterday afternoon to do some Christmas shopping at the library's perpetual book sale. It ended up that we didn't actually go out yesterday because it rained the entire day. So, we just changed the day of our outing!

Mareena and I got to the library at approximately 12:30 P. M. and immediately went inside. Then we spent approximately an hour and a half happily perusing the Library Book Sale. By about 2:00 P. M., our downstairs tenant, Pamela, picked us up and dropped us off at Walmart to do some last minute Christmas shopping.

Between us, we bought 32 books at the Library Book Sale - 14 paperbacks, 8 oversized paperbacks and 10 hardcovers. We spent approximately $28 altogether. It turned out to be a fairly good haul for a Christmas shopping trip, if I do say so myself. ;) We actually were pretty restrained this time, completely filling up two canvas tote bags and that was all! :)

At the moment, I'm reading Abide With Me: A Novel by Elizabeth Strout which I started yesterday morning, December 22nd. Mareena had requested this book for me from Paperback Swap back in September, and I just started reading it early yesterday morning.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)