Thursday, December 31, 2015

Debbie Macomber - 8 Sandpiper Way

85. 8 Sandpiper Way by Debbie Macomber (2008)
The Cedar Cove Series Book 8
Length: 377 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 29 December 2015
Finished: 31 December 2015
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 23 December 2015
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.

There aren't that many secrets to keep in a close-knit community like Cedar Cove, Washington. So, when Emily Flemming finds an earring in her husband's pocket, she is understandably upset. The lost earring is definitely not hers, and Emily is worried that her husband Dave might be having an affair. She doesn't want to believe that Dave could or would cheat on her, but he's been acting so strangely lately that she just can't be certain.

Dave Flemming is a pastor - a loving husband and a wonderful father to their two boys; he truly is a good, upstanding, moral man - and Emily is deeply ashamed of her thoughts. However, she just can't stop herself from thinking this way. There's just something different about her husband, and she can't put her finger on what it is exactly. She has just learned that some jewelry was recently stolen from an elderly woman's house - and Dave used to visit the lady quite a bit.

Emily can't believe that Dave is guilty of doing anything illegal - that's just not in his nature. However, since he doesn't tell her where he's been when he comes home so late - she can't help but wonder just what is happening with him. Something is definitely going on with Dave; something certainly seems wrong with him, and Emily is determined to find out just what it is.

First of all, let me say that I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a quick and easy read for me, and a fairly pleasant way to spend a couple of days. I certainly appreciated having the list of characters at the beginning of the book; it was really helpful to know who was who as I was reading.

I must say that the story's plot actually wasn't all that difficult to follow. The storyline itself was pretty simple, and nothing really mind-blowing or overly dramatic happened; at least in my opinion. Although, I would still give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)