Monday, March 1, 2010

Reading Wrap-up for February at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out February with 646 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 639 books unread. All of the books that I acquired this month came from Bookmooch and Paperback Swap.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Changes to the TBR pile 


Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- The Unholy by Michael Falconer Anderson
- Homecoming by Belva Plain
- The Forbidden Zone by Whitley Strieber
- The Visitor by Jere Cunningham
- The Perfect Summer by Luanne Rice
- Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy
- Celebrity Detox: (The Fame Game) by Rosie O'Donnell


Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! :))
- Hunter's Blood by Jere Cunningham
- The King's General by Daphne du Maurier
- The Good Mother by Sue Miller
- A Lady in the Lake: The True Account of Death and Discovery in Lake Placid by George Christian Ortloff
- The Sight of the Stars by Belva Plain
- Victims by Dorothy Uhnak
- Needlepoint For Everyone by Mary Picken
- Breaking Point by Daphne du Maurier

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
Woman Vanishes by Caroline Crane
- Ghost Train by Stephen Laws
- The Trunk Murderess: Winnie Ruth Judd by Jana Bommersbach
- Castle Barebane by Joan Aiken
- The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
The Keys to the Street by Ruth Rendell
- A Dark Place by Aaron Elkins
- Through Violet Eyes by Stephen Woodworth
Timeless Healing by Herbert Benson
Blind Eye: How the Medical Establishment Let a Doctor Get Away With Murder by James B. Stewart
The Falcon at the Portal by Elizabeth Peters
The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen
Lincoln by Gore Vidal
Cutco Cookbook World's Finest Cutlery Volume 1 by Margaret Mitchell
Cabal by Clive Barker
The Doubleman by C. J. Koch
At Weddings and Wakes by Alice McDermott
Act of Darkness by Francis King
My Sister the Moon by Sue Harrison
Speak For the Dead by Margaret Yorke
- Women's Work by Anne Tolstoi Wallach
- The End of the Dream: The Golden Boy Who Never Grew Up: Ann Rule's Crime Files Volume 5 by Ann Rule
- A Painted House by John Grisham
Britannia Mews by Margery Sharp
- Taltos by Anne Rice
- Sacrificial Ground by Thomas H. Cook
- The Misbegotten Son by Jack Olsen
- Kiss me Again, Stranger by Daphne du Maurier
Glass People by Gail Godwin
And a Voice to Sing With by Joan Baez
The Complete Home Decorator: More Than 200 Practical Projects to Transform Your Home, With Over 1000 Color Photographs by Stewart and Sally Walton
- A Sleeping Life by Ruth Rendell
The Daughters of Cain by Colin Dexter
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 7
Pages Read: 1,996
Grade Range: A+! to C!

So, there you go! The reading month that was February. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)