Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Luanne Rice - The Perfect Summer

10. The Perfect Summer by Luanne Rice (2003)
Hubbard's Point/Black Hall Series Book 4
Length: 301 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 10 February 2010
Finished: 16 February 2010
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 November 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Luanne Rice is a new author for me.

Bay McCabe had always kept the advice of her Irish granny close to heart. The closeness of family, friends and the joy of hard work. Bay and her husband Sean had weathered storms, but had finally come to their beach house to work together on their problems.

Sean is charming and ambitious, splitting his time between the town bank, his fishing boat and the family he seems to adore - until he forgets to pick up his daughter from school. As troubling old memories resurface, a phone call confirms that Sean is missing. So begins a season which will change everything.

As a door closes to all Bay cherishes, another opens and an old love steps through. Now, Bay will discover who she is and what love is, embraced by strong friendships that will teach her that the most enduring mysteries are the ones close to home. I give this story a B+! - it was charming in parts.


B+! - (89-85%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)