Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Anne Rivers Siddons - Colony

21. Colony by Anne Rivers Siddons (1992)
Length: 640 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 20 March 2010
Finished: 24 March 2010
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 March 2009
Why do I have it? I like Anne Rivers Siddons as an author and have read and enjoyed several books by this author in the past.


When Maude Chambliss first arrives at Retreat, the seasonal home of her husband's aristocratic family, she is a nineteen year old fresh faced bride direct from South Carolina convinced that she will never fit in with everyone. Everyone believes the same, until she begins to make friends. As time goes by, Maude falls in love with the colony and the people who live there.


There is Maude's husband, Peter, consumed with a darkness of spirit; her adored but dangerously fragile children; her domineering mother-in-law, who teaches Maude that it is the women of the colony who possess the strength to keep it intact and Micah Willis, a Maine native who turns out to be Maude's truest friend.


I loved this story and give it an A+! I don't usually read long books, but this book just drew me in and flew by for me. I didn't want it to ever end.


A+! - (96-100%)



Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)