Sunday, January 31, 2010

January's Book of the Month

Hello Everyone! I chose the picture posted above because it reminds me of reading to my daughter Mareena when she was little. Every afternoon until she was about eight or nine years old, we would take one of her books that she wanted to read or that she was reading and we would curl up together on my big bed. 

We would spend an hour or so reading a chapter of her book, and then take a nap together. Her absolutely favorite author at that time was an English author named Enid Blyton. Ahh, nice memories...

My picks for 'Books of the Month' will be decidedly more adult these days, but they will be from almost any genre. January's Book of the Month is:


The Stars Shine Down by Sidney Sheldon
Published as: The Stars Shine Down in October 1992
Publisher: William Morrow




Birth Name: Sidney Schechtel
Born: 11 February 1917 in Chicago, Illinois
Died: 30 January 2007 in Rancho Mirage, California

Canonical Name: Sidney Sheldon
Pseudonyms: Mark Rowane, Allan Devon and Christopher Golato

The Stars Shine Down by Sidney Sheldon was the second book that I read in 2010. I have had this book on my TBR shelf since November 20, 2009 although I didn't actually read it until January of 2010. This book took me one day to read and is currently on several swapping sites looking for another good home.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)