Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Caroline Crane - Woman Vanishes

3. Woman Vanishes by Caroline Crane (1984)
Length: 210 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 4 January 2010
Finished: 6 January 2010
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 November 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and Caroline Crane is a new author for me.

To save her life and the life of her daughter, Pauline has to disappear. Her husband Jarvis has left her a note claiming that he owes some people money and begs her not to look for him, a claim backed up by a late night visit from two loan sharks. Jarvis owes them $40,000 dollars to save his failing business. The loan sharks claim that if Pauline doesn't pay up, her daughter Kirby might become the victim of an "accident".


The police can't protect her without solid evidence. Her friends in the affluent suburb don't want to get involved. She must take Kirby and go into hiding - lose herself in New York City. But she has no money and few connections there. How will she survive? I really liked this book but the ending was a little confusing. I give it a B+!


B+! - (89-85%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)