Friday, January 22, 2010

Debbie Macomber - The Shop on Blossom Street

6. The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber (2003)
The Blossom Street Series Book 1
Length: 352 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 15 January 2010
Finished: 22 January 2010
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 14 December 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Debbie Macomber is a new author for me, although my sister Margaret in Australia actually recommended this book to me.

Lydia Hoffman decided to start a knitting shop on Blossom Street. She called it A Good Yarn and it represented her new life free from cancer. The shop offers knitting classes and the first one is "How to Knit a Baby Blanket".

Three people join the class: Jacqueline Donovan is estranged from her husband, doesn't like the woman married to her only son, but is determined to at least pretend she likes her pregnant daughter-in-law by knitting the baby blanket.

For Carol Girard, the baby blanket represents a message of hope as she and her husband make a final attempt at in vitro fertilization. And tough-looking Alix Townsend is knitting the blanket as part of a court-ordered community service project.

These four woman will learn about friendship, make unexpected discoveries - about themselves and each other - and experience love through the age-old craft of knitting. My sister in Australia recommended this book to me and I give it an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)