Friday, January 27, 2017

Contrary to What You May Read, I'm Still Reading!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Since Mareena and I enjoyed both movies that we watched on the 'On Demand' Channel about two or three weeks ago, we are trying to decide if we want to make the practice a monthly occurrence or not. As it stands now, we may choose one movie to watch on the 'On Demand' Channel each month; or perhaps two if the mood strikes us. There are several movies that seem to be very interesting.

I'm also still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 82 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! I haven't really finished an entire sum-doku puzzle book from my collection since Saturday, December 3rd - I have been working through partial puzzles from the moderately difficult to extremely difficult levels!

I have also started doing jigsaw puzzles again. I actually started doing a 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle on Saturday afternoon, January 21st, yet despite getting the majority of it done I still have quite a lot left to complete. This is certainly a very tricky jigsaw puzzle to put together.

So, as regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was Treasures by Belva Plain, which I finished on Wednesday, January 18th! I actually have two copies of this book in my library, and I read it for the first time over six days in September of 2010 - from September 11th, to September 17th, 2010! I'm sure that someone else would definitely enjoy reading this book as much as I have, so I have posted both copies of this book on the several book swapping websites that we belong to.

I recently started reading Debbie: My Life by Debbie Reynolds and David Patrick Columbia on Thursday, January 19th! I suppose that I'm not really into the story so far, although, according to Goodreads - as of yesterday, January 26th I've actually read 49 pages out of 446 in Debbie: My Life by Debbie Reynolds and David Patrick Columbia; or approximately 11 percent. Since my own copy of Debbie: My Life by Debbie Reynolds and David Patrick Columbia actually has 374 pages in it; reading 49 pages means that I have read approximately 13 percent.

Actually, I'm really enjoying reading this book; although, I'm also noticing that Ms. Reynolds is a bit of a name dropper and it's getting just the slightest bit annoying for me. So, I've put the book aside for a while and started reading One True Thing: A Novel by Anna Quindlen on Tuesday, January 24th! This is actually a reread for me from seven years ago - over ten days in November of 2010. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book the first time, and I'm looking forward to reading it again.

According to Goodreads - as of today, January 27th - I've actually read 50 pages out of 289 in One True Thing: A Novel by Anna Quindlen; or approximately 17 percent. I am getting into the story fairly well. Ms. Quindlen is a truly wonderful author, I love so much of her work!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)