Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Belva Plain - Treasures

Reread. Treasures by Belva Plain (1992)
Length: 517 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Originally Read: 17 September 2010
Reread Finished: 18 January 2017
Where did it come from? Originally from a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I had gone to in September of 2001 - although after I misplaced that first copy, Mareena reacquired a second copy for me from Bookmooch.

So I know that I have said this many times before, but I have a routine that I employ when choosing another book to read. Granted I don't usually do this all the time, but it does happen fairly frequently so that's why I use the word 'routine'. Anyway, a day or so before I finished reading my last book: A Wayside Tavern by Norah Lofts, I began searching for the next book that I wanted to read. Since A Wayside Tavern by Norah Lofts had also been a reread for me - from at least twenty years ago or so - I wanted to choose another 'comforting read' for myself.

Starting the day before, I grabbed between seven to ten books from my 'previously read' bookshelf and looked through them. Trust me when I tell you that perusing seven to ten books is a minimal amount for me - lol! Several of the books were by authors whom I consider to be my 'go to group': Bernard F. Conners, Maeve Binchy, Belva Plain and Anita Shreve. I initially perused Dancehall by Bernard F. Conners, The Copper Beech and Light a Penny Candle by Maeve Binchy, After the Fire, Blessings, and Treasures by Belva Plain; as well as Testimony: A Novel by Anita Shreve.

I also looked at a couple more books that came in fairly recently: The Outside Boy: A Novel by Jeanine Cummins and The Killer Department by Robert Cullen. It certainly seemed that each of the books that I looked at had something about it to make it intriguing for me to read, but after some serious thought, I eventually chose Treasures by Belva Plain. Actually, it didn't take me long to make my choice.

Despite already having one copy hidden away on my bookshelf, I couldn't for the life of me locate where I had put it. So Mareena acquired a second copy for me from Bookmooch as her 'just because' gift for September of 2010. Surprisingly, the second copy of Treasures by Belva Plain arrived on September 11th, 2010. I say 'surprisingly', because my initial copy of Treasures by Belva Plain was actually an acquisition that I had picked up from a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to on September 11th, 2001.

Anyway, I immediately started reading the book on September 11th, 2010 - and six days later - on September 17th, 2010 I finished it. The second time that I read Treasures by Belva Plain was actually after I had found my original copy of the book. My reread took place over six days in January of 2017 - from January 12th, to January 18th, 2017. So now I have both copies of Treasures by Belva Plain posted on all the book swapping websites that Mareena and I belong to.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)