Monday, January 30, 2017

Anna Quindlen - One True Thing: A Novel

Reread. One True Thing: A Novel by Anna Quindlen (1994)
Length: 289 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Originally Read: 26 November 2010
Reread Finished: 30 January 2017
Where did it come from? Originally from Paperback Swap, although I acquired a second copy of this book from a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to in October of 2010.

So, I was temporarily stalled in my reading of Debbie: My Life by Debbie Reynolds and David Patrick Columbia when I picked up One True Thing: A Novel by Anna Quindlen. Actually, I don't usually read two books at the same time, I find that Mareena is so much better at remembering all the different plots of the books that she reads. Although, I was able to do this successfully one time before in November of 2016.

I started reading Debbie: My Life by Debbie Reynolds and David Patrick Columbia on January 19th and had to put the book aside on January 26th. I started reading One True Thing: A Novel by Anna Quindlen on January 24th, and finished the book six days later - on January 30th! This was actually a reread for me from six and a half years ago, after I had acquired a copy of this book from a Library Book Sale that Mareena and I went to on October 1st, 2010.

Despite having received my first copy of this book from Mareena as her 'just because' gift for March of 2010 - on March 5th, 2010 - I started reading the copy that I had gotten from the Library Book Sale that we went to in October of 2010. My first reading of this book happened over ten days in November of 2010 - from November 16th, to November 26th, 2010. My reread of this book took place approximately six years later, over six days in January of 2017 - from January 24th, to January 30th, 2017.

I have since put my second copy of this book on all of the book swapping websites that we belong to. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and I think that I should now pass it on to someone else for them to enjoy. It seems only fair for me to do that!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)