Sunday, February 7, 2016

Clare Munnings - Overnight Float: A Mystery

11. Overnight Float: A Mystery by Clare Munnings (2000)
The Rosemary Stubbs Mysteries Series Book 1
Length: 288 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery 
Started: 4 February 2016
Finished: 7 February 2016
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 23 December 2015
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and Clare Munnings is a new author for me.

Two and a half years after giving up her successful career in the corporate world for a divinity school degree, Rosemary Stubbs arrives on the campus of Sanderson College - a women's college in New England - to take up the post as chaplain. Still devastated by her husband Jim's tragic drowning, Rosemary hopes that she can find some solace in a new vocation, helping the students to resolve their own fears and confront some tough choices. She had absolutely no idea that such a bucolic campus as Sanderson College could possibly hide such intrigue and mystery.

When a member of the faculty dies unexpectedly, soon after Rosemary's arrival, she quickly learns that life in a small liberal arts college is not quite the sanctuary she thought it would be. Indeed, it seems as if Rosemary is caught in the middle of something nefarious; a stunning, seemingly elemental version of good versus evil. As tensions over the faculty member's death continue to mount, secret allegiances and hidden conflicts come to light. 

Rosemary, with the help of a meticulous homicide detective named Raphael Ramirez, finds herself matching wits with a cold-blooded murderer. It will take all of her considerable intelligence and intellect to add up the clues and to avoid getting caught in the clutches of an elusive campus killer. Will she be savvy enough to solve this mystery, before her time runs out?

This is the debut mystery of co-authors Jill Ker Conway and Elizabeth T. Kennan. Both ladies are former college presidents who have written several non-fiction books between them. I must say, that despite the story being so intricately detailed in certain areas, I still enjoyed it very much. I also appreciated that the mystery took place in a collegiate setting. I give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)