Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Turn of the Century Puzzles Seem to be my Thing These Days!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, I'm just about finishing up the puzzle of the Victorian-era girl sleeping with a kitten on her bed. Doing this puzzle actually seems slightly easier then the last time I did it. Not that much easier I'll admit, but maybe a tiny fraction easier. I think I have my eye on four different jigsaw puzzles to try after this one.

There's the 1000-piece puzzle of an early twentieth-century city or townscape; I can't really tell if it's supposed to be a town in the old West or not - since there is a bar or public house in the picture, but it doesn't really look like a saloon. There are horse-drawn carriages and vintage-style automobiles, and people who are dressed in clothing styles from the 1900s. I have a panoramic puzzle that is 750 pieces. This one is of a lighthouse overlooking a stormy sea.

I also have a 500-piece puzzle of a piano recital. Again, the picture seems to be Victorian-era or at least early twentieth-century. I also have a jigsaw puzzle with a variety of hot-air balloons; I think it might be a picture of a race or something, I'm not sure. Decisions, decisions, Decisions!

As for my reading, I'm nine days into this book, The Shack: A Novel by William P. Young. I'm always afraid that a book that starts out so well, will inevitably slide off the rails at some point. That isn't quite the situation with this book, but I am beginning to have a bit of a problem getting through the story. I'm just really having to concentrate on my reading.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)