Saturday, August 15, 2015

I'm Slowly Wading Back Into the Jigsaw Puzzle Pile!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

I've mostly been sticking to doing various crossword puzzles, Sudoku, and word jumbles - basically any style of math and language puzzles. I have several jumbo-sized books of variety puzzles to keep myself busy for months on end, actually. I'm starting to feel the desire to do jigsaw puzzles come back again, but I think that I will handle it exactly like I do whenever I emerge from a reading slump - redo an old favorite jigsaw puzzle. I have to say that the Victorian style puzzle of the sleeping little girl with the kitten lying beside her in bed is the jigsaw puzzle that seems to be calling me the most.

As for my reading, I'm six days into this book, The Shack: A Novel by William P. Young. I can honestly say that the story is poignant and stirring; and seems to have started off rather brilliantly. I will also say though, that while this story is still an intriguing one, I'm finding it slightly heavy reading for me. I'm not quite sure if this is due to the author's writing style or my slowish reading pace, but this is definitely not a story that I would classify as light reading fare.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)