Monday, August 24, 2015

The Best Laid Plans of Birthdays and Books...

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, the plans that Mareena and I decided on to celebrate my birthday have unfortunately been put on hold for a while. The plan of watching a movie and having a special dinner together is still a go, but my health doesn't seem to want to cooperate with us. I've suffered from Type 2 Diabetes for several years now and have kept my blood sugar levels in check most of that time.

Yet, on Sunday, August 23rd - the day after my birthday - Mareena and I were on our way to the radio station, and I was feeling slightly wobbly. I just put it down to rushing out the door and the stress of getting to the station. Well, I was so wrong: by the time we got to where we needed to go, I began to realize that I was going into a full-fledged diabetic episode! :( Hoo Boy, not good at all!

Thank goodness that my friend Pamela was there! Actually, she is our downstairs tenant and always drives us to wherever we need to go. She's also a volunteer firefighter and a retired EMT. Anyway, she helped to get us both situated, and then she rushed out to Dunkin' Doughnuts to buy me a doughnut and a bottle of orange juice. After I got my sugars topped up again I started feeling so much better.

As regards my current jigsaw puzzle, I started doing the early twentieth-century puzzle with the picture of the horse-drawn carriages and vintage-style automobiles on Tuesday night, August 18th. I think I'm almost finished with this particular puzzle, but I've noticed that it is missing about ten pieces. I suppose that means I'm going to have to go through my collection of missing jigsaw puzzle pieces. They're all kept together in a plastic bag, and every so often I'll go through the bag to see if I have certain pieces that belong with a jigsaw puzzle that is missing some pieces.

As for my reading, I'm fifteen days into this book, The Shack: A Novel by William P. Young. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that it's taking me this long to finish a book. The story is only 248 pages long, but is also rather complex, so it doesn't really lend itself to a "speed reading session" I suppose. Yet, I just don't think that I have ever spent quite this long reading a book that is less than three hundred pages.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)