Friday, August 28, 2015

Belated Birthday Celebrations and Surprise Puzzles!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, since at least Sunday morning, August 23rd, I've been having some horrible health issues - nothing serious enough to go into hospital for, I suppose, but definitely serious enough to knock me out of commission for a while. One diabetic episode, a twenty-four hour (or is it forty-eight hour?) stomach flu, arthritic flare ups in my hands and knees, and painful cricks in my neck and back. Granted, each illness doesn't last all that long, but it just seems that they have hit me all at once - one after the other.

As regards my current jigsaw puzzle, I started doing the early twentieth-century puzzle with the picture of the horse-drawn carriages and vintage-style automobiles on Tuesday night, August 18th. Actually, I just finished that puzzle this morning and am hoping to start doing the panoramic puzzle of the lighthouse looking out over a stormy sea next. At 750 pieces, this puzzle does look rather daunting, but I have actually done it several years ago. So, it's not too difficult!

As for my reading, I finally finished reading The Shack: A Novel by William P. Young on Wednesday morning, August 26th! Despite my making it sound like I didn't particularly enjoy reading this book; I actually did. The only thing that perhaps was a problem for me - and this was entirely a personal preference - it just seemed to me like the book was a rather long and involved story. Very, very intricate!

By Wednesday afternoon, August 26th, I had started Love in Bloom: A Novel by Sheila Roberts. I'm still not quite sure how far into the story I am - perhaps a third or halfway through - but compared to The Shack: A Novel by William P. Young, this book is such an easier read for me. Granted, I don't usually enjoy reading romances all that much, but I'm finding Love in Bloom: A Novel by Sheila Roberts to be so different.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)