Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ruth Rendell - A Sight For Sore Eyes


38. A Sight For Sore Eyes by Ruth Rendell (1998)
Length: 327 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 4 May 2012
Finished: 8 May 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 April 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and Ruth Rendell is a new author for me.

Teddy was born into poverty and has risen from those humble beginnings to become an extremely talented craftsman determined to banish ugliness from his life. Harriet is a beautiful, bored trophy wife who employs a series of repairmen and handymen to satisfy her sexual desires. Francine is a college student who witnessed her mother’s murder and now must free herself from the manipulative clutches of her father’s second wife. Connected by strands of pure chance, their lives intersecting in the strangest of ways, these three people will eventually come together at a beautiful, ivy-covered cottage with a least one dead body buried in the basement.

I really do enjoy Ruth Rendell as an author. I don’t actually know how many of her books I’ve read, but I generally enjoy her writing and plot style. I give this book an A+!

A+! -(96-100%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)