Thursday, May 31, 2012

May's Book of the Month

Hello Everyone! I chose the picture posted above because it reminds me of reading to my daughter Mareena when she was little. Every afternoon until she was about eight or nine years old, we would take one of her books that she wanted to read or that she was reading and we would curl up together on my big bed. 

We would spend an hour or so reading a chapter of her book, and then take a nap together. Her absolutely favorite author at that time was an English author named Enid Blyton. Ahh, nice memories...

My picks for 'Books of the Month' will be decidedly more adult these days, but they will be from almost any genre. May's Book of the Month is: 


   The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Published as: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: A Novel in July 2008
Publisher: The Dial Press




Birth Name: Mary Ann Fiery
Born: 13 December 1934 in Martinsburg, West Virginia
Died: 16 February 2008 in San Anselmo, California

Canonical Name: Mary Ann Shaffer
Pseudonyms: None


Birth Name: Annie Barrows
Born: 1962 in San Diego, California

Canonical Name: Annie Barrows
Pseudonyms: None

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows was the thirty-ninth book that I read in 2012. I had had this book on my TBR bookshelf since March 3, 2012 although I didn't actually read it until May of 2012. It took me three days to read this book and I sent it off to another good home on May 29, 2012.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)