Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Maeve Binchy - The Return Journey

55. The Return Journey by Maeve Binchy (1998)
Length: 225 pages
Genre: Short Story
Started/Finished: 23 November 2011
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 27 August 2011
Why do I have it? I love Maeve Binchy as an author and I have read several books by this author in the past.

This is a collection of short stories in which Maeve Binchy introduces us to sons, brothers, fathers, mothers, sisters and lovers. She looks at the relationships and the affect of love on her characters. I have to say that although I usually love Maeve Binchy as an author and am definitely willing to give anything she has written a fighting chance to take me away; I found this particular book lacking in parts.

I had read this book before several years ago and of course had forgotten what it was like. I will definitely still read Maeve Binchy again but, in my opinion, this was a weak book. I give it a C!

C! - (70-75%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)