Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jean Plaidy - The Spanish Bridegroom

58. The Spanish Bridegroom by Jean Plaidy (1954)
The  Tudor Saga Book 10
Length: 338 pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
Started: 28 November 2011
Finished: 30 November 2011
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 27 August 2011
Why do I have it? I love Jean Plaidy as an author and have several books by this author on my bookshelf.

To restore the might of Spain and to bring wayward England back into the arms of the Catholic Church, young Phillip II agrees to marry Mary Tudor. Set in the 16th century amidst the brutal Inquisition of Spain and the tortured England of Bloody Mary, this story traces the life of Phillip II and the intertwined lives of the women who came to know this brutal tyrant as a loving husband and father. I truly enjoyed this story. It's an excellent storyline and I give it an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)