Saturday, November 26, 2011

Annie Greene - Bright River Trilogy

56. Bright River Trilogy by Annie Greene (1985)
Length: 320 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 24 November 2011
Finished: 26 November 2011
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 27 August 2011
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Annie Greene looked like a new author to me.

This story is a love story of a fashion. It is about a young ne'er-do-well man named Darcy and his relationships with the three women in his life who try to love him. Darcy is a drunk and his mother is currently taking care of his son.

Jessie has recently broken up with her latest boyfriend -a shy, quiet poet. Jessie then turns her attention to the charming Darcy in order to start an affair which is bound to bring them both to tears. Ellen also has her eye on Darcy as well.

Mixed in with this plot is a lot of Gothic melodrama: murder, mayhem and mystery; that sort of thing. I liked this story, but this is actually the second time that I read it. I had read it years ago and forgotten most of the plot.. It lost a little of its charm the second time around for me.

However, Bright River Trilogy was still a very good book and it was a fast read for me. I gave it an A!


A! - (90-95%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)