Sunday, December 18, 2016

Well Surprise, Surprise!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Well, Mareena and I were just channel surfing the other night - on Tuesday night, December 13th - and we happened to catch Shutter Island just starting. I had no idea that the movie was actually going to be broadcast so soon after I read the book, but Mareena and I decided to watch the movie anyway. About an hour into the movie - which was actually much darker than I was expecting, although still really, really enjoyable - the cable box cut out. Mareena and I just looked at each other, looked at the television screen, and then Mareena grabbed the remote control to attempt a channel search.

It turned out that while the cable was still connected, several of the channels that we sometimes watched were not available. Actually, our cable company has been doing this type of thing (moving or completely removing certain channels, but continuing to increase our cable bill) for quite a while now, and we were just about reaching the end of our patience with them. So, on yesterday morning - Saturday, December 17th - we changed over our cable company; and everything seems to be working fine for us, so far.

We watched the tenth episode of 'The Exorcist', which aired on Friday night, December 16th. This show is so good, and I hope that it comes back for a second season, but if it doesn't the show definitely ended well, I suppose. Actually, although 'The Exorcist' seems to have dropped slightly in the ratings, the show also seems to have garnered a core fan base for itself as well. Mareena is surfing the internet, and apparently there is a twitter campaign being run with #renewtheexorcist as the 'hashtag'. I'm not quite sure how much this hashtag campaign will ultimately help, but definitely count Mareena and myself as supporters of it - #renewtheexorcist!

Anyway, I'm still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 42 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! I haven't really finished an entire sum-doku puzzle book from my collection since Saturday, December 3rd - I have been working through partial puzzles from the moderately difficult to extremely difficult levels!

So, as regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was The Crooked Branch: A Novel by Jeanine Cummins, which I finished on Thursday, December 15th! Mareena told me that she had put this book on our joint wishlist about three years ago, and that it had just become available in late November. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it was just wonderful.

I haven't actually chosen another book to read as yet, although I do have quite a few on my radar. Since I finished The Crooked Branch: A Novel by Jeanine Cummins on Thursday, December 15th, I've decided to do a jigsaw puzzle or two. As of today, I'm just about finishing up my third puzzle out of the box of twelve that I thought I put away in my collection on Wednesday afternoon, November 30th! I started doing the puzzle on Thursday night, December 15th, and surprisingly, it appears to have only took me three days to finish the puzzle.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)