Saturday, December 3, 2016

Apparently, my Reading Plans Can Change on a Dime!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Although I'm still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper, I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle book collection as well. So far, I've finished 95 puzzles out of the puzzle book that I've been working on since June and approximately 85 puzzles from the book that I have been working on since September. As regards my crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles, I have done about 27 puzzles all together.

So, after I finished the 750-piece puzzle of the fairytale-style castle on Monday, November 21st, I decided to do a couple more puzzles from the giant box of twelve that I finished on Friday, November 4th! I started the first of my two jigsaw puzzles on Tuesday, November 22nd and finished it two days later - on Thursday, November 24th! I actually didn't do that much on Thanksgiving - Mareena and I basically just did what we did for Halloween - on Monday, October 31st. Yes, we certainly are creatures of habit!

So, as regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was The House of Lost Souls by F. G. Cottam, which I finished on Saturday, November 26th! This was such a good book, and it has been quite a while since I have gotten so engrossed in a story in such a short period of time. I also started doing my second jigsaw puzzle from the box of twelve on Saturday afternoon, November 26th! I finished the puzzle on Wednesday afternoon, November 30th, and have since put the box back into my collection.

After spending about a day and a half trying to choose another book to read, I thought that I had settled on a book that has been on my bookshelf for almost eight years. Snow Falling on Cedars: A Novel by David Guterson was Mareena's 'just because' gift for me from August of 2009. I've since changed the book that I was reading - Shutter Island: A Novel by Dennis Lehane arrived in the afternoon mail on Tuesday, November 29th, and I immediately started reading it on the day that the book arrived.

According to Goodreads - as of today, December 3rd - I've actually read 201 pages out of 369 in the Shutter Island: A Novel by Dennis Lehane; or approximately 54 percent. I'm actually really enjoying reading this book. Mareena saw the 2010 movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo last year, and when the movie came back on television a couple of months ago I said that wanted to read the book first.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)