Thursday, December 8, 2016

So, the Holidays Have Officially Begun!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

So, on Wednesday afternoon, December 7th, Lisa came and picked Mareena and myself up at about 3 P. M. and we went to lunch at Red Lobster. They had concluded the renovations to the restaurant, so we were able to use the more permanent ramp. As we ate, we talked about what we wanted to do after our meal and decided that we would go see the 'Capital Holiday Lights in the Park' in Washington Park - which starts at 6 P. M. and runs until 9 P. M.

This event has actually been going on for 20 years and Lisa, myself and Mareena have seen the lights in the park for the past two or three years. It was really quite good and lasts from Friday, November 25th, 2016 to Monday, January 2nd, 2017. We had so much fun together!

Although I'm still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper, I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle book collection as well. As regards my crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper though, I have done about 32 puzzles all together. I suppose that it's not too bad!

So, as regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was Shutter Island: A Novel by Dennis Lehane, which I finished on Monday, December 5th! Although Mareena saw the 2010 movie last year starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo, I wanted to read the book first, before watching the movie. I actually really enjoyed reading the book, it kept me guessing right up until the end!

After starting another book called EndangeredYour Child in a Hostile World by Johann Christophe Arnold on Monday, December 5th, I just wasn't getting into the book that much. I had received the book through the afternoon mail on Monday, November 28th and I have to say that the book wasn't quite what I was expecting; it was pretty good, but I had a little trouble getting into the story. Since this particular book is actually non-fiction and I had only read about 12 pages, I decided that I wanted to read another book that was already in my collection: A Death in Belmont by Sebastian Junger, a true crime book about The Boston Stranglings.

I actually started reading A Death in Belmont by Sebastian Junger on Tuesday, December 6th. According to Goodreads - as of today, December 8th - I've actually read 69 pages out of 288 in A Death in Belmont by Sebastian Junger; or approximately 23 percent. Since my copy of A Death in Belmont by Sebastian Junger is actually 266 pages, reading 69 pages means that I have read approximately 26 percent of the story so far.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)