Saturday, September 12, 2015

Judith Guest - Ordinary People

Reread. Ordinary People by Judith Guest (1976)
Length: 263 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Originally Read: 17 June 2010
Reread Finished: 12 September 2015
Where did it come from? Originally from Bookmooch, then from my "keeper shelf".

I was just telling Mareena this morning that I had promised myself some time last month, as soon as I finished reading a couple of unread books that had been languishing on my TBR pile for a little over a year, I would treat myself to a few rereads. These would be strictly books from a shelf on my bookcase that I've designated as my "keeper shelf".

So far this month, I've read five books; three of which have actually been rereads for me from anywhere between three to five years ago. I'm pretty sure that I will be keeping at least two of these books that I've recently reread on my "keeper shelf" for a little while longer; but I'll make that decision after I finish reading each book. This particular book has been a part of my collection for slightly over five years, so I think I can safely post it on all the book swapping websites that we belong to; someone else will certainly enjoy reading this book, I'm quite sure.

Mareena knows how much I love Judith Guest as an author, so she requested this book for me from Bookmooch. This became her 'just because' gift to me for March of 2010. While I received the book through the mail on March 29th, I actually read it for the first time over one day in June of 2010 - from June 16th, to June 17th, 2010.

My reread of this book took place over three days in September of 2015 - from September 9th, to September 12th, 2015. I think that makes this a reread from approximately five years ago. I enjoyed this book so much myself that I would be more than happy to share it with another person who might enjoy it as well.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)