Thursday, June 13, 2013

Richard Bausch - In the Night Season: A Novel

50. In the Night Season: A Novel by Richard Bausch (1998)
Length: 326 pages
Genre: Horror
Started: 12 June 2013
Finished: 13 June 2013
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 10 May 2001
Why do I have it? I like horror and Richard Bausch is a new author for me.

Nora Michaelson and her eleven-year-old son, Jason, are both going through a difficult adjustment after the accidental death of Jason's father, during a time when the family's small business was failing. The loss of Jack Michaelson has left his wife and son nearly destitute. It has also placed their lives in jeopardy from several people who it is very dangerous to cross. This is a story of terror, and resourcefulness in the face of terror, from a master storyteller.

I really enjoyed this book; it was such a good read for me. I liked the plot and the characters, and got sucked into the story so that I had to find out what happened next. The tension was palpable, and I gave this book an A+! I must say that Richard Bausch is a new author for me - In the Night Season: A Novel is actually the first book that I've ever read by this author, but I will certainly be on the lookout for more books by Richard Bausch to read in the future.

A+! - (96-100%)
 
Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)