Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hillary Waugh - The Glenna Powers Case

57. The Glenna Powers Case by Hillary Waugh (1981)
Simon Kaye Series Book 1
Length: 218 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 28 June 2013
Finished: 29 June 2013
Where did it come from? It came as the third Hillary Waugh book in a package that I bought over the Internet from Augustine Funnell Books in Canada.
How long was it on my TBR pile? Since 1 March 2010
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and have read and enjoyed several books by the same author in the past.

She went looking for help - and all she found was death. She was one woman who singlehandedly faced down the ruthless drug dealers who were ruining the town's young people - and she did it alone. She had appealed to investigator Simon Kaye for help; but he had been unable to prevent her murder. Racked with guilt, he swore to avenge her.

He searched for her killers in the mean streets and greasy bars where the drug dealers plied their trade. But there was one thing investigator Simon Kaye didn't realize; drugs aren't only confined to the slums. Heroin can also be found behind the closed doors of the fanciest mansions in town. And so can murder!

I must say that this book wasn't really my cup of tea. I have read and enjoyed two previous books by this author, however I just don't enjoy gritty, drug-fueled plots all that much. I think that I will give this book a B+! 

B+! - (89-85%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)