Sunday, June 2, 2013

Diane Chamberlain - Cypress Point

45. Cypress Point by Diane Chamberlain (2002)
Length: 400 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 30 May 2013
Finished: 2 June 2013
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 28 May 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and Diane Chamberlain is a relatively new author for me.

Joelle D'Angelo's best friend, Mara, is left with irreversible brain damage after she suffers an aneurysm during the delivery of her son. Alone and grieving, Joelle turns to the only other person who understands her pain: Mara's husband, Liam. And what originally starts out as simply two friends finding comfort in each other's company gradually becomes something more. Something undeniable.

Torn by guilt and the impossibility of her feelings for Liam, Joelle seeks help from someone she's not even sure she believes in - a healer named Carlynn Kling Shire. Joelle sets out to find Carlynn, knowing that Mara needs something which conventional medicine can't supply. And hoping that when Mara recovers, Joelle's feelings for Liam will end. 

Her search leads her to a mansion in Monterey, California, and into the life of a woman shrouded in mystery. And as Joelle is guided down an unfamiliar path by a woman who is clearly keeping her own secrets, she discovers that some love is doomed, while some love can survive anything. 

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I was drawn into the story through the characters and a very intriguing plot. I give Cypress Point by Diane Chamberlain a definite A+! I have read only one of Diane Chamberlain's books perhaps a decade or so ago, and enjoyed that one as well. Although I have only read two books by Diane Chamberlain so far, I look forward to reading more by this author in the future. 

A+! - (96-100%)

 Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)