Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nancy Thayer - Moon Shell Beach: A Novel

55. Moon Shell Beach: A Novel by Nancy Thayer (2008)
Length: 309 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Started: 23 June 2013
Finished: 25 June 2013
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 20 June 2013
Why do I have it? I like contemporary fiction and had read and enjoyed Beachcombers: A Novel by the same author in the past.

Lexi Laney and Clare Hart grew up together and lived an idyllic life in picturesque Nantucket. As children, they were forever sharing wondrous adventures and spending time together as best friends. And when it was time to share intimate secrets and let their imaginations run free, they escaped to their own private hideaway: Moon Shell Beach. But nothing ever stays the same. Once the complicated pressures of adulthood encroach, their intense bond of friendship becomes frayed, hurtful words are exchanged, and Lexi flees Nantucket for a life of luxury while Clare stays behind.  

A decade later, a newly divorced Lexi returns to make amends with those she left in her wake - particularly Clare, who still simmers with resentment toward her friend. Their emotional reunion is beset with challenges, as Lexi's return sets off a series of startling events. And as Clare's life takes an abrupt detour, Lexi wonders if the happiness and peace they once knew on Moon Shell Beach will, in the end, prove to be as fleeting as time and the tide.

I wish that I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book from beginning to end. For the most part, it was very enjoyable, and I think Nancy Thayer is a wonderful writer. However, in my opinion, the plot began to derail slightly towards the end. The book certainly started off very strongly, but certain plot twists just didn't seem all that plausible to me.  

As a result, I had to give Moon Shell Beach: A Novel by Nancy Thayer an A! I'm very glad to have read this book, and will certainly read more from this author in the future. However, I think that I will hold off on that for a short while.

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)