Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Andrew Klavan - True Crime

32. True Crime by Andrew Klavan (1995)
Length: 384 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 15 April 2012
Finished: 18 April 2012
Where did it come from? From a Library Book Sale
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 1 April 2009
Why do I have it? I like contemporary mysteries and Andrew Klavan is a new author for me.


Reporter Steve Everett is not usually the type to turn into an heroic do-gooder overnight - he drinks too much, makes love to his boss' wife, and has just stumbled upon a shocking truth that has him literally fighting the clock. He has just discovered that a convicted killer is about to be executed for a crime he didn't commit. Now an imperfect defender must find a way to stall the ultimate end-game.


In the cold confines of Death Row, Frank Beachum is preparing himself for the end. He's ready to say goodbye to the wife and child he loves and greet the God he still believes in. He knows that he will go into Eternity with a clear conscience, heart and soul; filled with the knowledge that he did not commit the murder of a convenience store clerk six years ago.


But in the interest of justice - unless Steve Everett can find the evidence to halt his execution - Frank Beachum will die by lethal injection. The killing machine is primed; the executioner is waiting and now the battle is on - between the reporter with all his inner demons, and a system with lethal flaws. The prize at the end of this fight will be the life of an innocent man.


I really enjoyed this book so much. I have never seen the movie adaptation of the book, I don't usually like Clint Eastwood, but I would definitely be curious to see how the book is interpreted. True Crime is Grade A+! material to my mind and I can't wait to find more of Andrew Klavan's work to read.


A+! - (96-100%)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)