Friday, April 27, 2012

Agatha Christie - Crooked House

35. Crooked House by Agatha Christie (1949) Length: 288 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Started: 25 April 2012
Finished: 27 April 2012
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 23 March 2012
Why do I have it? Mareena's friend Katie called me up recently and we got to talking about books that she had liked in the past and she gave me an entire list of Agatha Christie novels that she thought I might like to read.

In a sprawling mansion in the English countryside, the extremely affluent but extremely elderly owner lies dead on the floor of suspected barbiturate poisoning. An accident? Not likely when suspicion has already fallen on Aristide Leonides' luscious but grieving widow who is fifty years his junior and set to inherit his sizable fortune.

It is also rumored that the lovely Widow Leonides is having an affair with the strapping young tutor who just happens to live on the family's estate. But Criminologist Charles Howard has his doubts about the entire Leonides' clan. He knows them intimately and also knows that in a household as shaky as Three Gables, nobody is on the level.

I really enjoyed this book very much. I had actually never read it before but it was a very quick and absorbing read. I give this book an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)