Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reading Wrap-up for March at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out March with 647 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 638 books unread. All of the books that I acquired this month came from Bookmooch and Paperback Swap and Augustine Funnell Books in Canada.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Re-reads
- The Shadow Guest by Hillary Waugh
- Life Lines by Jill Ireland


Changes to the TBR pile 


Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- The Desert Crop by Catherine Cookson
- Colony by Anne Rivers Siddons 
- Nothing But the Best by Diane Masters
- A Lady in the Lake: A True Account of Death and Discovery in Lake Placid by George Christian Ortloff
- Blessings by Belva Plain
- Julia by Peter Straub
- Ruin Creek by David Payne

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! :))
- Sleep Long, my Love by Hillary Waugh
- The Glenna Powers Case by Hillary Waugh
Summer of Night by Dan Simmons
- The Covenant by Michael Falconer Anderson
- Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy
- Ordinary People by Judith Guest
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- London: The Novel by Edward Rutherfurd
- The Princes of Ireland: The Dublin Saga by Edward Rutherfurd
- Victim of Love by Dyan Sheldon
- The Banquet by Carolyn Slaughter
- The Obedient Wife by Julia O'Faolain
- One True Thing by Anna Quindlen

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :))
- Five For Sorrow, Ten For Joy by Rumer Godden
The Thanatos Syndrome by Walker Percy
Pay it Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Song of Kali by Dan Simmons
The Man Who Loved His Wife by Vera Caspary
Come Winter by Evan Hunter
The Rosewood Casket by Sharyn McCrumb
- Life of the Party: The Biography of Pamela Digby Churchill Hayward Harriman by Christopher Ogden
QB VII by Leon Uris
Arson and Old Lace by Sylvia Angus
Death Row Women: Shocking Stories of America's Most Vicious Females by Tom Kuncl
The Fixer by Bernard Malamud
Holy Pictures by Clare Boylan
The Genesis Code by John Case
One Pair of Feet by Monica Dickens
The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
She Walks These Hills by Sharyn McCrumb
Cutthroat by Michael Slade
- The Centurions by Damion Hunter
Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz
Ghosts by Ed McBain
- Light on Snow by Anita Shreve
Celebrity Detox: (The Fame Game) by Rosie O'Donnell

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 9
Pages Read: 3,037
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was March. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)


Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)