Monday, May 15, 2017

I'm Really Settling Into a Better Reading Routine!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

I'm finally getting back into a fairly regular reading routine this month, thank goodness for that! Granted, my reading pace isn't completely back to normal yet, but at least I'm reading more than a book a month - lol! Anyway, I'm happy to say that as of Monday morning, May 15th, I've finished reading two books and am well into a third.

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 190 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! As a matter of fact, I just received another six-pack of sum-doku puzzles through the afternoon mail on Tuesday, May 9th! I immediately opened the package that afternoon and started doing some of the puzzles already - as of this morning, I've actually done 14 sum-doku puzzles.

Well, apparently the hashtag campaign #renewtheexorcist seems to have worked! I was delighted to learn that 'The Exorcist' television show has been renewed for a second season, although I don't know when the show will be broadcast. Perhaps some time in September, I'll have to check. Supposedly, the two main characters have become traveling exorcists and travel around the country assisting people who are oppressed or possessed by demons.

As for watching intriguing movies, Mareena and I have watched several movies dealing with historical events. While I love watching movies about history, I don't think I have watched as many movies as I have over the past two months. The most recent one was Thirteen Days - a movie that was released in 2000 and starred Bruce Greenwood, Stephen Culp and Kevin Costner. It was about the Cuban Missile Crisis, which took place over thirteen days in October of 1962 - from October 16th, to October 28th - and the movie was broadcast on Friday night, April 28th!

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was Indignation: A Novel by Philip Roth which I finished on Tuesday, May 9th! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book; it was an unusual premise and was a relatively easy read for me. I also just chose my next book that I want to read on Friday, May 12th: Back When we Were Grownups: A Novel by Anne Tyler. This book has been on my TBR pile since July 1st, 2010 and I have already read the book once - over six days in July of 2010 - from July 1st, to July 7th, 2010.

According to Goodreads - as of today, May 15th - I've actually read 47 pages out of 304 in Back When we Were Grownups: A Novel by Anne Tyler; or approximately 15 percent. Since my own copy of Back When we Were Grownups: A Novel by Anne Tyler actually has 284 pages in it; reading 47 pages means that I have read approximately 17 percent.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)