Saturday, May 6, 2017

I'm on a Roll With my Reading!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't really been doing that much lately. I'm not sick anymore, but I just haven't been able to get back to my normal book-a-day reading style - falling behind to a book-a-month pace is just not my style! Although having said that, I will admit that my reading pace is beginning to pick up very slightly. I had some really good news from my doctor on Thursday afternoon, so on my errand day the next day - Friday, April 14th - I decided to treat myself to a box of ten jigsaw puzzles.

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 181 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! Actually, I've finished three jigsaw puzzles from my collection - the most recent one was a 500-piece puzzle of four large cats playing on the desk in someone's study, which I finished on Sunday evening, April 30th!

As for watching intriguing movies, Mareena and I have watched several movies dealing with historical events. While I love watching movies about history, I don't think I have watched as many movies as I have over the past two months. The most recent one was Thirteen Days - a movie that was released in 2000 and starred Bruce Greenwood, Stephen Culp and Kevin Costner. It was about the Cuban Missile Crisis, which actually took place over thirteen days in October of 1962 - from October 16th, to October 28th - and the movie was broadcast on Friday night, April 28th!

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was Errands: A Novel by Judith Guest which I finished on Thursday May 4th! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book again, but I also made sure to rewrite my review as well. I have just chosen my next book that I want to read: Indignation: A Novel by Philip Roth. This book has been on my TBR pile for about five months or so. It was actually one of Mareena's 'just because' gifts for December of 2016.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)