Monday, May 29, 2017

I'm Back to Doing Sum-doku Puzzles, and Occasionally Reading!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

I'm finally getting back into a fairly regular reading routine this month, thank goodness for that! Granted, my reading pace isn't completely back to normal yet, but at least I'm reading more than a book a month - lol! I do feel a little bit like I'm in constant catch-up mode, though - :)

I'm actually still working through an amazing backlog of crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles from the newspaper. So far, I've done approximately 204 sudoku and crossword puzzles from the newspaper, although I have also done some sum-doku puzzles from my puzzle books, too! As a matter of fact, I just received another six-pack of sum-doku puzzles through the afternoon mail on Tuesday, May 9th! So far, as of this morning, I have done approximately 42 sum-doku puzzles in the newest puzzle book that I have started most recently.

I have also been doing a number of jigsaw puzzles as well. After I finished the 500-piece puzzle of the four cats playing on someone's desk in a study somewhere, I immediately started in on the box of ten jigsaw puzzles that I purchased on Friday, April 14th! I don't know if I have finished all the puzzles as yet, but I think that I'm well on my way to doing that.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was Back When we Were Grownups: A Novel by Anne Tyler which I finished on Friday, May 19th! The next book on my TBR pile that I started reading on Friday, May 19th was The Shroud Key by Vincent Zandri! Mareena's birthday is also coming up very soon, and as usual we may be going to our local library's book sale to celebrate.

I have to say that The Shroud Key by Vincent Zandri isn't quite like the typical contemporary mysteries that I usually read. In my opinion, this is a cross between a hard-boiled detective story and an archeological mystery. To be perfectly honest, I'm not that far into the story yet - but I think that I may put it aside for a while.

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)