Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ripley Enterprises, Inc. - Ripley's Believe it or Not!: Ghost Stories and Plays

76. Ripley's Believe it or Not!: Ghost Stories and Plays by Ripley Enterprises, Inc. (1968)
The Ripley's Believe it or Not! Series Book 6
Length: 126 pages 
Genre: Horror 
Started: 28 November 2015
Finished: 29 November 2015
Where did it come from? From Bookmooch 
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 25 November 2015
Why do I have it? I like horror and Ripley's Believe it or Not! is a new series for me.

Each of these spine-chilling tales of ghosts, goblins, and ghouls is absolutely, one hundred percent true. Would you believe that a ghost would leave a map to a fifty-million-dollar silver mine? Is it possible that love could bring a dead woman back to life? Could a skeleton shoot its own murderer? 

Every one of these stories may seem totally beyond belief, yet they actually happened. In a book featuring sixteen eerie stories, nine spooky plays and twenty pages of ghostly cartoons, the eminent American cartoonist and entrepreneur, Robert Ripley's legacy of eccentricity survives. Believe it or Not!

To be perfectly honest, I didn't know that much about Robert Ripley before I read this book. I basically recognized his name and knew that he was a newspaper columnist who specialized in strange and unusual facts. Then, several weeks ago, Mareena and I watched a television documentary about the life of Robert Ripley and the creation of Ripley's Believe it or Not! as a worldwide phenomenon. I asked Mareena to see if she could find any Ripley's Believe it or Not! books and she did; I've received two books already, and two more books are coming soon.

I have to say that this book was thoroughly enjoyable. The ghost stories and plays are all purported to be true and are based on factually historical events. In my opinion, all these stories were absolutely amazing and so interesting.

Actually, none of the stories were tremendously detailed; they were just basically abrievated accounts of odd or inexplicable occurrences. The only section that I had a slight problem with were the plays - only because I didn't really understand how that particular style would properly portray what happened. Overall, I loved reading this book and give it an A!

A! - (90-95%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)