Monday, December 1, 2014

Reading Wrap-up For November at Moonshine and Rosefire


Hello everyone out there and I hope that you all had a terrific reading month for yourselves. I am known as Rosefire around the Internet and this is my new personal reading blog. I originally posted my reviews over at my daughter's blog, Emeraldfire's Bookmark but am now in the process of transferring them all over to my own blog. My daughter makes blogging look like so much fun that I thought that I would try it out for myself! :)

Anyway, I started out November with 1,025 unread books lying around the house and ended the month with 1,016 books unread. All the books that I acquired this month came from Penny Dell Puzzles and Paperback Swap.

Let me try to break down the influx for you:

Rereads
- Live to Tell by Lisa Gardner

Changes to the TBR pile

Read from my TBR pile (Yes! I am a reading machine :))
- Small Town Girl by LaVyrle Spencer
- The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
- In Another Country by Susan Kenney
- The Senator's Wife by Karen Robards
- The Ladies of Missalonghi by Colleen McCullough
- Random Hearts by Warren Adler
- What Lies Beneath: The Road to Hidden Harbor/Remember Me/Primal Fear by Anne Stuart, Joanna Wayne and Caroline Burnes
- Blackbird House by Alice Hoffman  

Added to my TBR pile (oh well, you win some and you lose some! Not too bad though, I suppose:))
- Collector's Series Sum-Doku Puzzles 4-pack (Volumes 1, 5, 6, 7) by Dell Magazines
- Wildwood Road by Christopher Golden
- The Old Willis Place: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn
- The Babel Effect by Daniel Hecht
- Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya

Taken off my TBR pile and sent to a new home (Yay! Happy Dance! :)) 
- Crow Hollow by Dorothy Eden
- The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition by Stephen King
- A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
- Gallows Lane by Brian MacGilloway
- Torture Killers II: More True Accounts of the Most Vicious Murderers Ever Caught! by Rose Mandelsberg
- Practical Meat Dishes by P3 Publishing
- Ghost Island by Jan O'Donnell Klaveness
The Book of Books: An Eclectic Collection of Reading Recommendations, Quirky Lists, and Fun Facts about Books by Les Krantz and Tim Knight
- Practical Healthy Eating by P3 Publishing
Classic Mysteries: A Collection of Mind-Bending Masterpieces by Molly Cooper
- This Gun For Hire by Graham Greene
- Defending the Truth by Richard Parrish
- Ellery Queen's Memorable Characters: Anthology #50 by Ellery Queen
- Daddy's Girl: The Campbell Murder Case by Clifford Irving
- Tell Me Your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon
- The Moonflower Vine: A Novel by Jetta Carleton
- Early From the Dance by David Payne
- A Crime of Honor by Giovanni Arpino

Well, there it is...the breakdown! All in all, a very good reading month for me. Here's a further breakdown:

Books Read: 9
Pages Read: 2,677
Grade Range: A+! to B+!

So, there you go! The reading month that was November. I hope that you all had an equally good reading month; if not a little better. :) See you all next month! :)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your recent follow of my book review blog, delighted to be following you back. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)