Saturday, July 21, 2012

Vickie L. Bane and Lorenzo Benet - The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author

58. The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author by Vickie L. Bane and Lorenzo Benet (1995)
Length: 432 pages
Genre: Non-Fiction
Started: 17 July 2012
Finished: 21 July 2012
Where did it come from? From Paperback Swap
How long has it been on my TBR pile? Since 14 July 2012
Why do I have it? I like autobiographies and biographies and I have always been curious about Danielle Steel's life.

Dressed to the nines and draped in jewels, Danielle Steel has become America's favorite romance author. She has written 44 best-selling novels and has a total of 800 million books still in print. This stunning, uncensored biography reveals how closely Danielle Steel's fiction mirrors her real life. The rich men, the dangerous men, the heartbreak, the struggles, the triumphs and the secrets too dark to tell.

Her cruel and lonely childhood which became the basis for her novel Loving, her long-hidden marriage to a convicted rapist, the scandalous true story readers will recognize from her novel Now and Forever, her third husband, a handsome heroin addict, who, like the protagonist in Remembrance, broke her heart and nearly ruined her life. From her opulent lifestyle to her lavish spending in a beautiful San Francisco mansion to the tragic death of her 19-year-old son, Nick, Danielle Steel has lived a life that most people might consider somewhat excessive, but is entirely true.

I truly enjoyed this book as I like many unauthorized biographies or autobiographies. I have always considered Danielle Steel to be a great writer and think of her as my "guilty pleasure" author. I had never thought that the majority of Danielle Steel's plots for her novels were based on events that happened to her in her own life. Since this book was written, Danielle Steel has been married and divorced twice more (her fifth marriage ended in 2002).

I felt incredibly sad for Danielle Steel and everything that she's been through - she has loved deeply and sometimes rashly, but in my opinion, there was absolutely nothing that she couldn't or wouldn't do to help the people that she loved. I give this book an A+!

A+! - (96-100%)

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)